TAMAN SERI PUTERI
The institution was established under the provision of Children Act 2001 to rehabilitate specifically girls below the age of 18 years old as below:
- Those who are exposed to immoral activities
- Those who are involved/involving themselves in prostitution
To rehabilitate women and girls who are exposed to moral danger or facing moral decay.
- Under a Court Order
- Those who are 18 years old can submit a written application to the Shelter (Perlindung) for admission.
Admission into Seri Puteri Garden is for a period of three years. However, under certain conditions, the Board of Visitors may reduce the duration to a period of not less than twelve months.
Programs that are available at Seri Puteri Garden are as follows:
Care and Shelter
- basic daily needs
Counseling and Guidance
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Formal and informal education
- Religious and moral education
- home science
- Outdoor and indoor games and activities such as music, kompang and netball
- Leave of absent
- pocket money
- outings and trips
Seri Puteri Garden is an institution that practices open concept. Fixed daily schedule is implemented at all institutions with emphasize on training, recreation and other social activities. Visits by parents and close family members are encouraged. Punishment will be meted out when necessary by revoking the privileges.
Board of Visitors
All Seri Puteri Garden has a Board of Visitors comprising not less than 7 members of whom 2 must be male and chosen from among members of the community and appointed by the Minister of National Unity and Community Development. The functions of the Boards are:
- To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the institution
- Assisting in treatment and rehabilitation program
- To review the improvement in the trainees before the trainees being placed into jobs, supervision and release.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 January 2013 16:24